General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Christopher Hill trading as Chill Web Designs is the Data Controller of your information and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the registration number: ZA795126.
- Chill Web Designs needs to perform a contract with you.
- You have permitted Chill Web Designs to do so.
- Processing your personal information is in Chill Web Design’s legitimate interest.
- Chill Web Designs needs to comply with the law.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed of what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “subject access request (SAR)”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Chill Web Designs follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks.
These are not linked to any personally identifiable information. The purpose of this information is to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movement on the website, and gather demographic information.
They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. These technologies are used to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and/or to personalise the advertising content that you see on websites that you visit.
Chill Web Designs has no access to or control over cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third-party privacy policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found on the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Chill Web Designs does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you think that your child provided this kind of information via our website or by email, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will take action to promptly remove such information from our records as reasonably practical.
Organisations wishing to contact Chill Web Designs via email, our website enquiry form or by telephone with the view of providing services, selling information or other freelance service may not get a response or be blocked and reported.
We do not work with any business outside of the European Union. Any international telephone numbers outside of this area or telephone numbers with specific prefixes may be rejected.
The company has a strict vendor policy and likes to support existing businesses we have a relationship with or are local to the area we operate.
Review of this policy
This policy is in effect from 13/11/2023 and is reviewed periodically.